Post Award Administration
Welcome to Post Award Administration! Post Award Administration is responsible for all central post award administration functions including, but not limited to, requesting funds via letters of credit or invoices, financial reporting, training, financial compliance and audits of sponsored research awards received at Caltech. The Post Award Administration department is headed by Senior Director, Rochelle Athey.
Post Award Administration is part of the Office of Financial Services and works closely with the Office of Research Administration, Office of Sponsored Research, Export Compliance and other administrative units in Business and Finance.
Post Award Administration is organized into two teams:
The Post Award Financial Administration team is led by Rochelle Athey, Senior Director. The Post Award Financial Administration team is responsible for:
- Implementing policies and procedures on post award administration and training for campus on related topics.
- Central post award financial management and oversight.
- Providing day-to-day assistance to the Divisions on post award related financial matters.
- Coordination of funding agency conducted award specific reviews and audits.
- Each academic division within Caltech has been assigned to a specific individual(s). This structure is intended to provide more continuity of service to the divisions, so that one or at most two individuals will be responsible for a particular Division's awards.
The Post Award Financial Accounting team is led by Estella Venegas, Associate Director. The Post Award Financial Accounting team is responsible for:
- Cash Management which involves cash collection and application, on-line Federal financial reporting and the on-line Payroll Distribution Certification process.
- Audit Coordination including coordinating and responding to Caltech audits including but not limited to DCAA audits and Caltech's A-133 audit.
- Post Award Financial Compliance which involves reviewing and processing cost transfers and running compliance reports.
- JPL Accounting Functions including requesting funds for Caltech/JPL NASA Contract, managing IAs and POs, and reporting.